Definitions and Interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Vernette John-Joiles trading as 7D Web Design via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679;
7D Web Design, or us
Vernette John-Joiles trading as 7D Web Design of Let’s Go Business Hub, Enfield Business Centre, 201 Hertford Rd, Enfield, EN3 5JH;
UK and EU Cookie Law and GDPR
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by 7D Web Design and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to 7D Web Design and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.7dwebdesign.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data and that submitted via our contact form, from you:
b. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d. The legal basis for which data is collecting and processing data applied to:
i. Consent: you have given clear consent for your personal data to be processed for a specific purpose.
ii. Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked 7D Web Design take specific steps before entering into a contract.
iii. Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of 7D Web Design
Our Use of Data
5. For purposes of GDPR, Vernette John-Joiles trading as 7D Web Design of Let’s Go Business Hub, Enfield Business Centre, 201 Hertford Rd, Enfield, EN3 5JH is the “data controller”.
6. Any Data you submit, including via the Website contact form, will be retained for 3 months for legitimate business purposes i.e. enquiries about services. If no services are provided to you by 7D Web Design, any Data that you have submitted will be destroyed. Any information submitted through the contact form is not used for marketing purposes.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Third Party Websites and Services
10. 7D Web Design may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling Use of Your Data
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, 7D Web Design will seek your consent about how it is used, including the option to opt-out. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data. This includes the use of the Website contact form.
Accessing Your Own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by 7D Web Design (where such Data is held). This is known as a subject access request. Under GDPR, responses to such requests are to be fulfilled within 30 days and will be free of charge in most circumstances.
21. Data security is of great importance to 7D Web Design and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. This includes the use of third-party secure cloud storage, and encrypted vaults, some of which may be located outside of the European Union. 7D Web Design has endeavoured to source third-party service providers that safeguard your Data to the same standard as if the Data was in Europe and will continue to monitor their data management standards.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
24. For the protected storage of your Data, 7D Web Design employs the use of data encryption, updated internet security software, and two-factor authentication to reduce the risk of data breaches. In the event of a data breach, 7D Web Design will endeavour to follow the guidance given by the Information Commissioner’s Officer (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/personal-data-breaches/).
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling 7D Web Design to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.